Saturday 30 July 2016

Series ---How to improve marks in ENGLISH paper Of IBPS PO -30July

PRACTICE QUESTIONS:
. Study the following examples:-  
1. How sweet the moonlight sleeps upon this bank! 
The moonlight very sweetly sleeps upon this bank.  
2. If only I were young again!
 I wish I were young again.  
3. Alas that youth should pass away!
 It is sad to think that youth should pass away.  
4. How beautiful is night! 
Night is very beautiful.  
5. To think of our meeting here! [Or] That we should meet here ! 
It is strange that we should meet here. 
Exercise  Transform the following Exclamatory sentences into Assertions:- 

1. What would I not give to see you happy!
 2. Ah, what a sight was there! 3. What a piece of work is man!
4. What might be done, if men were wise! 
5. What a wonderful creature an elephant is! 
6. How awkwardly he manages his sword!
 7. O that we two were infants playing.
 8. If only I had the wings of a dove!
 9. What a large nose!
 10. If only I had a good horse! 
11. If only I were safe at home! 
12. O what a fall was there my countrymen! 
13. What a delicious meal! 
14. What sweet delight a quiet life affords! 
15. How well fitted the camel is for the work he has to do! 
16. How cold you are!
  17. What a beautiful scene this is! 
18. What a delicious flavour these mangoes have! 
19. Shame on you to use a poor cripple so! 
20. If only I knew more people! 
21. How you have grown!
 22. If only I had come one hour earlier! 
Exercise .  Transform the following into Exclamatory sentences:-  
1. It is a horrible night.
 2. It was extremely base of him to desert you in your time of need.
 3. It is hard to believe that he did such a deed.
 4. I wish I had met you ten years ago.
 5. It is very stupid of me to forget your name.
 6. He leads a most unhappy life. 




ANIL AGGARWAL SIR

EX CHIEF MANGER ,PUNJAB NATIONAL BANK.
 Mobile:                               +91 9811340788
E-mail ID:         anilakshita@yahoo.co.in

Office: Flat #49, Trilok Apartments, Patparganj, I.P. Extension, Delhi-110092.

Follow us at:


No comments:

Post a Comment